I am getting lots of accolades after my widely acclaimed masterclass on “Strategic Teaching”. Here I am sharing some key takeaways.
Three truths about education system:
- The quality of an education system cannot exceed the quality of its teachers.
- The only way to improve academic outcomes is to improve instruction.
- The only way to achieve consistent results is by putting in place mechanisms to deliver quality instruction.
Three things that matter the most for an education system are:
- Getting the right people into teaching.
- Developing them into effective teachers.
- Building a system that enables and sustains effective teaching.
Six critical components involved in Strategic Teaching are: Learning Objectives, Teaching Methods, Levels of Learning, Levels of Engagement, Learner Characteristics and Teacher Characteristics.
We are in need of Great Teachers, It’s worth becoming one.